Bridging gaps in human connection through exploration of the relationships between thinking and feeling among individuals and communities.
- Wellness: mindfulness, yoga, and self care
- Implicit Bias Work
- Empathy Development
- Child Development: teaching and learning
Engage consultation, classes, workshops, and retreats are designed for your specific context with an emphasis on what it means to be an emotional being in a personal or professional community. Read on for details…
Menu of Offerings:
Personal wellness is key for engaging fully at work and in our relationships. Mindfulness is associated with reducing stress, longevity, and job satisfaction. Yoga is associated with physical health and emotional well-being. Both of these are examples of self care. We perform best in relationships at work and at home when we have a reliable self care routine. Provide mindfulness, yoga, and/or self care opportunities to your employees or community members through Engage. If personal wellness is your concern then 1:1 mindfulness sessions, yoga sessions or self care consultation will meet your needs. See the list below for specific offerings.
- Mindful Movement: preventing workplace injuries
- Mindful Supervision
- Yoga Sessions: group or private
- Yoga Retreats: professional or personal groups
- Meditation Sessions: group or private
- Sustaining Self-Care Practices
- The Mindful Supervisor
- A Path Toward Work-Life Balance
- The Mindful Educator
- Interpreting and Addressing Challenging Behaviors in ECE
- Collaborative Emotion Processing (CEP): educators or parents
Implicit Bias Work
Not sure where to begin with reducing the impact of implicit bias in the workplace or education setting? Together, we’ll identify realistic, context-based goals. Next we’ll map out the process of evaluation, reflection, and redesign of your systems for equity and accountability.
- Workshops: Anti-Bias Education, Interpreting and Addressing Challenging Behaviors, Educational/Organizational Systems for Implicit Bias Accountability
- Affinity Group facilitation
Can you envision communities where people embrace dialogue and diversity because they are comfortable with their emotions and those of others? Let’s raise compassionate, confident, loving children that mature into adults who can count on one another to lead and to follow intelligently, respect personal boundaries and simultaneously reach out to those who are isolated, acknowledge their mistakes and celebrate their strengths. This vision starts with the healthy development of empathy.
- Collaborative Emotion Processing (CEP) *New Pictorial Cue Tool: The CEP Deck!*
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors
- Mindful Practitioner
- Mindful Supervision
- Listening as an Act of Peace
Follow link to purchase The CEP Deck from Lauren’s co-designer’s online shop: https://seed-sew.myshopify.com/products/cep-deck-emotion-processing-cards
Do you find yourself frustrated, confused, or saddened by unexpected behavior? Questioning whether your expectations for your child or students is too high or too low? Are you hoping to find the expectations sweet spot where children are challenged to grow at a reasonable pace? We’ll use child development, teaching and learning research and theory to identify achievable goals for your family or classroom. Choose from an offering of teaching strategies to match your personalities and individual approaches to teaching and learning.
- Challenging behavior
- Social skills
- Moving on from diapers, pacifiers, stuffy/lovey
- Transitions (new school or care provider, new home, new sibling)
- Small steps to reach big goals
- Remote Schooling and focus